Friday 30 March 2012

Bon Voyage...

...well I'm racing around trying to catch up on last minute things
 before I jet off to a sunnier destination.
So this will be my last post for a couple of weeks.
 
The card I am sharing with you today
 is one I made for my sister and her husband.
 They have moved from North to South London.
 
This card was inspired by a demo I watched at my local craft store.
Her name is Lindsay Mason, and wow she is one talented lady.



 
For the background colour I used 
a combination of Tim Holtz distress inks,
scattered straw, peeled paint and worn lipstick.
I built up the colours on a piece of ivory pearlised paper from my stash.
The grass effect was also achieved using the distress inks,
 I used a paint brush to create long strokes.
 To accurately match the colour scheme
 I used a promarker to colour the edges of the mounting card.




The castle is a stamp designed by Lindsay Mason
for Personal Impressions called 'I Dreamed of Castles'.
The background scene is from another stamp set 
designed by Lindsay called 'Hoist the Flags'.
I coloured these stamps with my promarkers,
I used 'lime green' and 'copper' stickles to highlight.




The stamp comes with all the individual parts needed to create this fabulous 3D effect,
all I needed to do was add the sticky foam pads.




Thanx for popping by...






Keep Calm and Craft x





No comments:

Post a Comment